Thursday, January 1, 2015

2014 Reading Challenge Recap (Part 1)

As you may recall, this past year I committed to the Goodreads Reading Challenge, with a conservative goal of reading 26 books in 2014. I'm happy to say that I met - and exceeded - my goal, ending up with a total of 33 books. (Go me!)

Participating in the challenge was a lot of fun, and I discovered some really great books. I was even good about writing reviews of what I read... for a while.

But then August came, and my kids went back to school. And between my duties as room mom, and art teacher, and library volunteer, and PTO board member, and Girl Scout leader... I got a bit busy, and failed to make time for writing. I have to admit that I'm kind of disappointed with myself for that. But we have to deal with things and move on, so here we go.

Here is a quick recap of the books I read during the first half of the year (when I was still making time to write about them.) You can follow the links if you're interested in the full reviews.


Playing Nice, by Rebekah Crane




















Cat's Cradle, by Kurt Vonnegut




















Looking for Alaska, by John Green




















The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul, by Douglas Adams




















Innocence, by Dean Koontz




















The Fault in Our Stars, by John Green




















Accidents & Incidents, by Riley Graham




















Hounded, by Kevin Hearne




















The Lost Symbol, by Dan Brown




















Divergent, by Veronica Roth




















The 21-Day Sugar Detox, by Diane Sanfilippo




















The Mighty Miss Malone, by Christoper Paul Curtis




















Stuart Little, by E.B. White




















The Dragonslayers, Volume One, by Matthew Maynard




















Aspen, by Rebekah Crane




















Insurgent, by Veronica Roth




















Allegiant, by Veronica Roth




















The Tale of Despereaux, by Kate DiCamillo





















And there you have the first half (or so) of the year. If you'd like to see my book list for the rest of the year, visit Part 2 of my recap here.

No comments:

Post a Comment