Monday, February 18, 2013

LML Monday - Busy Days and Lazy Days


It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.


I have to admit, there were times when I thought this past week was going to kill me. It was a good week, really. Just incredibly busy. And it completely wore me out. But since it was so busy mainly because it was a week spent celebrating... I suppose I can't really complain.

My daughter turned 5 last Monday (which, incidentally, is why I missed my post last week. Much too busy celebrating.) We actually started the celebration the Saturday before, because my husband would be working and my son would be in school on Monday, and we wanted to be able to do something as a family.

So we started with lunch (and a ridiculous birthday brownie volcano) at the Rainforest Cafe, and pretty much just kept celebrating all weekend.



Of course the celebration continued on Monday, when we had a girls' day out that included (among other things) breakfast for the two of us, manicures, and lunch with Grandma.





Then finally this past Saturday we got to have her birthday party with all of her friends.


And run ourselves ragged at the park.



In the end we were all exhausted, but the Birthday Princess was happy, so it was all worthwhile.



Of course all of this would have been plenty of excitement for one week... but let's not forget that we also had Valentine's Day thrown in there too. And the Valentine's Day party at school. More planning, and shopping, and organizing. More exhausted Mommy. But also great fun.




With beautiful moments like these, how could I not simply adore my life? 

Of course, the final treat of the week was yesterday, when at last I had no immediately pressing responsibilities and could relax and breathe for a bit. The kids and I had quite the lazy day, filled with Angry Birds, coloring books, and Dr. Who on Netflix. It was brilliant.


Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment