Monday, February 4, 2013

LML Monday - Birthdays and Big Drinks

It's Monday once again, my friends. And as always that means it's time to reflect on the things that made us happy over the past week. And of course now is also the perfect time to set the tone for a great week to come! 

If you missed my take on LML, you can find it here. If you missed the explanation of LML Monday, you can catch up here.


I have to be honest here, guys. I'm extremely tired today, and not completely feeling the writing vibe. But that probably has something to do with having just spent a long weekend in Las Vegas celebrating my birthday. (Can't say that's for sure why I'm so exhausted... but I'd say it's a pretty safe bet.) But for you, I'll suck it up and write anyway. :)

It's no shock that my focus on this fine LML Monday is my awesome husband, and the mini-vacation that he just treated me to. It was a bit of a milestone of birthdays, and it has been many years since the last birthday I got to celebrate, so it seemed like a good time to do something special. Nothing extravagant, of course (because I'm not the extravagant type.) But four days in Vegas was just about perfect.

We spent the days relaxing and taking in the sights. And yes, indulging a little in good food and good drinks. It was a celebration, after all.

Senior Frogs is always a good time. The staff is fun, the karaoke is usually hilarious, and who doesn't love drinks measured by the yard?


Sadly we weren't there at the right time to see the girls dancing on the bar at Coyote Ugly. But I did get to walk around for the rest of the day with a big plastic cowboy boot filled with alcohol, so at least there's that.


Ok, so a huge plastic Eiffel Tower isn't necessarily the most convenient thing to walk around with all night... but it's cute, and the drink was actually pretty good (and enough to share, which is always cool too.)



No, the week wasn't all about the alcohol. But the occasional "big drink" is fun, and it's a huge part of the Vegas experience. (Trust me. Walk around there some time. You'll see what I mean.)

So while I'm exhausted, and taking a bit of time readjusting to reality, it was all worth it. I have to thank my husband again for the wonderful time. Oh, and a special shout-out to my mom, too. If the kids hadn't been able to stay with you... well, I probably would have still celebrated my birthday, but I imagine it would have been considerably different. ;)


Ok. I shared mine - now it's your turn! Please feel free to leave me a comment and share some of your recent LML moments. Focus on the happy thoughts, and have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment